Wednesday 29 June 2011

TV

As I sit here watching AFL 360 I was trying to work out which AFL show is my favourite. No doubt that 360 is one of my favourites but I'll have to stick with 'On the Couch'. It's a great show and Paul Roos adds so much knowledge to the show. Surprisingly the Offsiders, channel two on Sunday morning ranks up there as well. The show isn't specifically an AFL show, as it talks about all sports.

Cartoons have been such a big part of my TV life. I would love to know how many times I have seen my favourite eps like Homer goes to college. I honestly think that it would be 30-50 times. Although The Simpsons has been a long time great, it isn't my favourite cartoon. Futurama happily sits on top of the list. I love the show and can't get enough of it. Although I haven't sat down to watch the eps in a long time, I look forward to doing it soon. I just don't have the time to watch much DVD's anymore. The first four series of Futurama was amazing, the four movies (which ended up being series five) were ok too but series six was getting back to its best. American Dad is also a great one, much better than Family Guy. South Park has some classic episodes as well. I love the ep where Butters gets a Ninja star stuck in his eye.

Candice has come in now. Apparently I've never told her that I have a blog. The truth is I've told her twice but if she is doing something else when I'm talking to her, things don't stick in her memory.

Anyway, back to the TV. I love shows like Weeds, Dexter, House, Lost etc. Weeds is great as you get stuck in with the characters so quickly. Doug is so damn funny. I watch a lot of Sitcoms as well. My all time favourite (and favourite show ever) is the Drew Carey Show. I still don't understand why it wasn't more popular. You can't even get the whole series on DVD. I can't wait until they bring it out. My name is earl, viva la bam, scrubs, arrested development, how I met your mother, mighty boosh etc are all great sitcoms. I never thought it would watch Big Bang, but I get a lot of laughs out of that as well, Modern Family too. 

Breakout Kings is a new show that I have got into, How to make it in America is another good new show. Something a bit left of centre is 'It's always sunny in Philly'. It's a great comedy but it's very different to a lot of other sitcoms. 

Seinfeld is a golden oldie. This was a show that took me a lot time to get into. As a kid I was never a fan of it. I put it in the same light as Becker, Just Shoot Me and Fraser. Ohhhh Fraser was so bad. Seinfeld would be the best show at having continuous jokes. It was also great at somehow make their a and b plots come together at the end of an episode.

X-Files was another show I used to watch a lot of. There was a lot of eps that spooked me. Survivors, The Colony etc are a new breed of this type of show that I also have fallen in love with. No one else ever remembers 'it's a knock out' but I used to love that show. It was an Aussie version of Techeshi's Castle but it was spilt into state vs state. Victoria always sucked at it.

There would be so many more shows but I can't think of anymore off the top of my head.

Candice hurry up with the dinner, it's 8.19pm and I'm still waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment