Thursday 26 April 2012

I’ve outgrown my childhood dreams and it sucks

I’m 25 and sadly that means that it’s unlikely that I’m going to be drafted to the Bombers. (Pod’s got drafted at 26 so there’s still a chance). I should hang around Windy Hill and whenever someone walks out I should show off some banana kicks. If I want to make it, I really need to get my act together. Next year I’ll turn my attention to cricket. Mike Hussey debuted for Australia at 30 so I still have plenty of time to practice. I would love to be in the sports industry.

It would have been fun to be a pilot although my obsession with Air Crash Investigations wouldn’t have looked good. If I was better in front of a camera, making a show like Tosh.0 would be great.

Can you have mid-life crises at 25? Sometimes it feels like that. Am I doing what I’m supposed to be doing in life?

When I was a kid I didn’t really have any specific dreams. I knew I would most likely end up being like a character on ‘Office Space’ and in a way, that’s kind of what happened. I’m thankful that I ended up at working for a company that I really like. If I can get an opportunity soon at a higher level I can see myself staying there for the rest of my life.

I really shouldn’t make a post without commenting more on the footy. Damn Collingwood, damn them all. It’s quite amazing how many 1 point games I have been to in my life. That was probably the worst feeling I had leaving a game. Losing to Collingwood really hurts, especially when you’re up with a couple of minutes to go. The 3 worst losses I can remember is the 2001 Grand Final, last year’s prelim between Hawks and Pies and yesterday.


I’m sure I’ll feel great after Essendon beat Brisbane next Saturday. It sucks that it’s still eight days away.

No comments:

Post a Comment